Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tip Tuesday ~ Color

I love color and like everyone else I do have my favorites and favorite combinations.
To use a Color Wheel to Select Colors for a Crocheted Project! First locate the main color you'd like to use for your project.

Then colors can be chosen from the two colors to the left and two colors to the right of the main color. If contrasting colors are desired then look directly across from the main color.

Three colors can be choosen by selecting the colors that create a triangle with the main color. For example, if your main color is blue, triad colors are yellow and red.

In order to pick an unusual color scheme, choose colors that are of the same value. All colors on the wheel are numbered according to value, and you can create fabulous, combinations by combining colors from any value group.

Use black, gray, navy, brown or white and accent with one or more vivid colors for an exciting color combination. Remember that colors against black seem more vivid then those against white.

Keep in mind that colors can be used to reflect yours or the recipients personality. Yellows are cheerful and bright. Reds are passionate and aggressive. Blues are calm and cool. Purples are regal and star like. Oranges are warm and cozy. Greens, depending on whether they are more blue or yellow, can be cool or vibrant.

Here is a great link to help you understand more about color and using the color wheel.

Take a chance and try some new combinations. You could be pleasantly surprised. I think I am going to purchase me a wheel today.

That's it today. Ghost, OUT!

1 comment:

Sandie said...

Colors have always fascinated me. I wish I had the gift of color, but my daughter came away with that one. I do okay. Of course, everyone has different likes and dislikes so that may save me. LOL