Monday, May 17, 2010

Scarf Turned Potholder

This is another scarf for Metro that I found on Learn to Crochet. I could not wait to start this scarf. I love the pattern stitch and I am sure I have seen it before but it really caught my eye this time. The yarns I am using are my cotton flocked or suede in white, I love that yarn in Mid Green and the Monet yarn. I wish I had picked more definitive colors but there you have it, I didn't.

BE WARNED…there are zillions of tails to work in on this pattern, that is why it turned into a potholder. I just did not have the heart to continue to tie in ends. But it is also very adaptable to make a blanket or shawl or anything else you would like. Thanks Teresa for posting this pattern. Oh and there is also a UTube for directions. Just go to the site I mentioned above and it will have the link.

I also did not like the way the ends were coming out and I wrote to Teresa to ask for help but never heard back from her, sadly.

Ghost, OUT!

7 comments:

Sandie said...

I have heard of Boucan but have not worked it. Yet another thing I want to work on. I will put it on my list. :-) Maybe if worked in the same color there wouldn't be as many ends? But of course would not have the same effect. Maybe two colors? I will have to try it now to see. LOL

June said...

I have seen this pattern before, too. I made a whole afghan that looked similar, and I think it was called "scraps of beauty" (many years ago). Your work, as always, is just beautiful!!

Sandie said...

I've done the afghan called Scraps of Beauty and it is not worked the same. Of course, there could be more than one afghan by that name, but the one I did used front post stitches. I still have the pattern somewhere. I remember it because it was one my MIL began before she died and I finished it for her. I just found a link to one that looks like the one I made. It's a beautiful ghan. http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/leisure-arts/scraps-of-beauty-afghan-crochet-pattern

Sandie said...

I've worked the Boucan pattern now and wanted to tell you if you don't want to have to sew in the ends, and you work with three colors as she demonstrated in the video, you can carry up each color. It's a little tricky as you're working with three skeins, but if you separate them, or roll up a ball and put it in a bag or whatever, it shouldn't be too difficult for a square. You could do it with one color, but you wouldn't get the same effect. Also, what she calls the extended double crochet is what I call a long stitch. The extended stitches are worked slightly different. Doesn't matter in the video because she shows you how to do it, but there is no stitch definition in the pattern. Still a nice pattern though. Teresa is very talented and has lots of wonderful videos. I go there often.

Molly said...

I'm with you on tucking in the ends, mine would have ended up as a potholder also. I do like the looks of this though, I may have to try and see if I can carry the other 2 strands along mmm.....I'll let you know. :)

Bunny said...

You always find the neatest patterns and do such a wonderful job on them. I love seeing what you come up with.

Rima said...

Oh that turned out great!