Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I SPY, A RUG!

I am making a rug for my floor in the bedroom. The colors are not right but I am using what I had and not buying more yarn. Sis gave me this yarn a while back. It is Lion Brand Cotton Thick and Quick in the colors Poppy and Fern Green. But it is more like Hunter Green in Red Heart. The colors seem a bit Christmasy but don't look that bad on the blah carpet.

I will not be putting a backing on this rug as it will be on a carpet. I used a Susan Bates hook in size N. Which is a pretty large hook. I started with 40 chains and did 1 sc in each stitch across and 3 sc in each end, for the first round. The second round was the same except in the 3 stitches on the ends from the previous round I did 3 sc in the 1st st in previous round, 1sc in the 2nd st from previous round and 3 sc in 3rd st from previous round. This started my corners for the rectangle shape. There is no pattern as I just worked it as I went.

It is not finished yet but what you see done is 2 full skeins plus 1/2 another skein and I have two skeins left. When I use those up it will be finished. I have no plans for a border.

My next project will be a shawl.

Ghost, OUT!

2 comments:

Beansieleigh said...

LOVE how the rug is coming out, and can't wait to see the shawl you'll be doing too!.. I was hoping to make a second shawl, in Fall colors, but I don't know if time will allow. I found a sweater that I'll be crocheting for now, so we'll see after that!.. Enjoy your day! ~tina

- said...

I really like the simplicity of this rug and the colors look just great to me.