Monday, February 2, 2009

Just A Pair of Socks

Here is a pair of socks I made yesterday using a pattern created by Tina from my group CFAC. I used a "J" hook and TLC cotton Plus yarn in Jazz. And I added two rounds to the top. One row of dc and one round of sc. I did this to add length to the top of the sock.

I had a counting problem with the socks and had to do a lot of frogging before I got them done but they are finished. And today after I do some running around I have to do I will be making some slippers. Hope to post in the next day or two about those.

Yesterday I also made some centers for more 8" squares I am making and these will go to Stitches of Love group. I packages up five boxes to mail out. That is one of the things I have to do today, is get them in the mail.

And Houdini is going for a Lion Cut today. I will post pictures of him also tomorrow. That's it for today hope you all have a great crochet filled day.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I just love it when Houdini gets a lion cut...he looks so cute...I really should get Patches done, his hair is so long and I am so tired of finding long white hair everywhere..he would probably love it too....That is an idea....
Love the socks, I have several patterns for some, including a pair of crocheted cable socks, one of these days I will attempt them again...
Have a great day, and stay warm....

Cherri said...

Your socks came out great, Ghost. I don't know what you're talking about with a lion cut. I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Hugs, Cherri

Anonymous said...

The socks are so cute. Is there a way to get the pattern for it?
hugs
Therese

Bunny said...

Love the socks Ghost! Great for keeping feet warm on these cold nights.

Sandy said...

Darling! I've never made socks, though I did just recently buy a pattern book, I'll let you know how I do when I get to that point.

You've been given an award. Pop over and read all about it.

Hugs for all you do
Sandy

Ghost said...

Therese, sorry she has not made the pattern public yet. If she does I will post to your blog since I don't have your mailing address.