I am sorry to say that I have frogged the Stone Cavern Froggy Hideout Blanket for the last time. I frogged it back to nothing this time. I found it was not looking right to me and was very boring to do so I decided it was not worth wasting my time on any longer it was hindering my progress of all my other items. The thing with this blanket is that I must have some type of offering for this month for a promise I made. So I started this new one using the same colors of yarn.
As you can seen this one is squares, something I love to do. There are only five rounds per square and I hope to be able to catch up. This is only a rendering of what I did yesterday.
So here are the details. I am using an "H" hook, and the Simply Soft Brights and also the white that I would of used as a border on the other blanket. The pattern comes from Leisure Arts Leaflet #64, called Baby Afghans to Knit and Crochet. It was published in 1976 and is one I purchased used from my friend Sandie at Crafty Corral. It contains 3 crocheted afghans and 1 knit. I am making Buttercup Squares and I will only make it blanket size.
I am not sure you can find this pattern on the Internet for free but it is available to purchase. I have not looked yet. This will be my main focus for the next week. Got to get it done and in the mail. I am way behind on this project.
I also finished my Jan. Themed dishcloth which was an Ice Skate. I used Peaches and Cream Cotton and a size 2 knitting needles. That was too small but I wanted the skate to stand out more. I don't think it worked as well as I had hoped it would. The pattern is one I got from my KAL group.
Here is the Windmill Dishcloth finished. I used size 6 knitting needles and Peaches and Cream cotton. This was the Mid-Month pattern at my KAL group. I wish I had used smaller needles, it called for size 7 but I think this pattern could also be done as a doily with cotton thread. I would make this one again.
That's it today. Ghost, OUT!