Saturday, October 24, 2009

Heart Shawl

This is one of the shawls I made while visiting sis. And the hat is my version of the Sun Hat displayed in the last post. The pattern for the shawl can be found at About Heart Shawl It was done with a filet stitch and it is difficult to see the pattern of the hearts here.

I was inspired to do this shawl by looking at the one done by Cherri on her blog. Mine was done with an "H" hook and ribbon yarn in Sky Blue. It is easy if you know how to work filet but it is time consuming as you do have to count your stitches and follow a graph.

The hat which you can't see well was made just like the one I made for sis using the same pattern but I omitted two of the brim rows and that made it shorter. It turned out to be one of my favorite hats. The one that is my favorite will be featured another day.

That's it today. Ghost, OUT!

2 comments:

Susan said...

pretty blue shawl ! your crochet hook has been busy !

Sandy said...

I love the blue, soooooooo pretty. I've only done one item with that method. It was a ghan for a wedding present. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture, but really was pleased with how it turned out. Not something though you can do and watch TV or chat. Or at least I couldn't. I had to really keep track of where I was.

The set is awesome.
Sandy