Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finishing WIP And Failures

I will start this post by saying that I frogged my Doctor Who Scarf. But I am not giving up on it. I will begin a new one next year with the right colors and by doing it crochet with a single crochet stitch, that is something my sister suggested. I think it is a good idea as I do crochet faster than I knit. So be it what it is, I consider this a failed project.

Now, do you remember this square from a few days ago when I posted it. I said it was the last project I was working on while in California. The pattern was called "Patchwork Persuasion" and I mentioned that I was not happy with the results of the square after they were sewn together.

Here are the squares sewn together and blocked. As sis said they do look better but I will not be making more of these squares. But I will not waste my time by frogging this scrap project as I do like the look of it so far so I will add a border to this and make this the center of the ghan. I will continue with scraps to add a border.

That's it today. Ghost, OUT!

7 comments:

Scarlet said...

I think this is going to be a beautiful afghan. I love everything about it.

I can't believe that you frogged Dr. Who!!! Well maybe it can be a project that we can work on together.

*hugs*

June said...

I really like the afghan, it reminds me of a quilt! Poor Dr. Who Scarf. I did crochet one years ago. I used double crochet though, so it would be more "flexible". It turned out great, just didn't have to use as many rows as with sc. I think I gave it to one of my daughter's friends.

Bunny said...

Hi Ghost! I went back to look at all of your projects and the hat & scarf sets are all beautiful. The ghan is wonderful. I love the look of the Picket Fence pattern. I'll have to Google that one.
I will do my best to visit more often. :)

Sandie said...

I love Doctor Who but have never made the scarf. I think of starting one and then I think I can go to Ebay and just buy one. LOL Such a lot of work. What yarn were you using? Did you make a list of colors? I'm sure you must have talked about it in your previous post, but I don't remember the details.

Susan said...

what a colorful afghan ! great work !

Sandy said...

Do they not come out square and go together well?

Sandy

msfitzita said...

I actually think this is pretty cool! I bet the person who gets it will absolutely love it. There's nothing like handmade - even when the maker isn't so keen on it ;)