Monday, November 2, 2009

First And Last

This is a hat and scarf set I made while at sissy's house. It was the first project I made while away. But did not finish it until I got home. I applied the trim in a Simply Soft Heather Green. It was made using up some of the Simply Soft White that sis had and she is not crazy about using that yarn as it splits while working on it. It could use a tighter twist for sure, but I absolutely love the sheen and softness of it.

I don't remember what size hook I used but the pattern is called Picket Fence and you can Google it to find the pattern since I no longer have the site addy. I did make adjustments, as usual, to the pattern of the scarf. I do not think the hat pattern came from the same site, but perhaps it did. I am sorry I am so vague on this project, I should of kept better notes while away from home. I hope you like it. I know I do.

This is the last project I was working on while at sissy's. I did not finish it and it is currently on it's way to me, as sissy shipped it the day after I left. I was using an "I" hook and the pattern can be found at Lion Brand under Afghans. It caught my eye because I love scrap projects.

The pattern was called "Patchwork Persuasion" and there are many things about this pattern of which I am unhappy. I won't go into all of them but suffice it to say that it could of been written better. I have done patterns similar to this and they turned out much better. Sissy seems to think that once blocked it will be okay. I like things to lay flat or nicely before when possible. Anyway, I will post the finished product when completed.

In the meantime I have several more projects in the works already that I would like to finish before the end of the year. My next project to work on that I have started is the Calendar Afghan Squares from Dishcloth Diaries. I am off now to start on the rest of those squares.

That's it today. Ghost, OUT!

No comments: