Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tip Tuesday - Labels

Before I begin with todays tip I want to let you all know that I have been selected as the winner of 3 skeins Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky yarn. I was so surprised when I went to Ellen's blog, at Go Crochet and found that I had been selected. Thanks so much Ellen, it was a pleasant and unexpected surprise. I did not even remember entering.



Now on with todays tip...

Have you got a stack of labels from your yarn with all those great patterns that you hope to get to someday? Well what do you do with them all to keep them organized?

It is a great idea to keep these for more than just their patterns. They contain lots of other information on them that is valuable, suchas washing instructions, yarn weights and more. You might even consider using this information for a project journal. Yes, labels are important items for every crocheter.

There are several ways to keep them neatly so they are not creating a mess in your home.

You can keep them in zip lock bags.
You can keep them in a shoebox.
You can keep them in a folder, organized in plastic sleeves and tabs. Sorted by yarn type or brand name or even by type of project, afghans, baby items, hats etc..
You can use this last method also for storing graphs.

These are just a few ways. I am sure if you sit and think on it a bit you can come up with some ideas of your own. If you have a unique idea leave a note and I will publish it here with a link to your site.

That's it today. Ghost, OUT!

3 comments:

June said...

Lorna's Laces yarn is 100% wool! Are you going to have a problem with that? It is beautiful yarn, though. Congrats on your winning!

Sandie said...

I am once again behind, but know that when time allows I always run by here and enjoy your beautiful items. Love particularly the spiral hats. Will have to make one of those! Nice job.

Ghost said...

You may post a link to this blog entry if you like but I have no way of contacting you and don't really care to join Twitter.