Thursday, May 5, 2011

Week II - Wednesday WIP Challenge

I have a lot to report from yesterday. Working on the Charted Afghan I did get 5 rows done and also worked on braiding the ends a bit. It moved rather quickly I thought. It is still difficult to see the size or the ghan or the pattern that is forming due to the difficulty in photographing the color. But you can see, if you look closely the pyramids forming at the bottom. I am now past those.

It is still hard to show the length of this scarf but here is a photo of the 15 rows I completed yesterday. I am displaying the back side of the scarf this time. I finished the black and started to green band.

I found this pattern of an Apple Trivet and was transported right back to my childhood and memories of my mother. As young girls my sister and I were taught to make these as sachets for a persons undies drawers. Of course mom never made the leaves just the pineapple part. She would then take some cotton stuffing and sprinkle some sachet on it and stuff the center with it then weave the ribbon through it and tie a bow. Some how or other we never had the pattern and forgot how to make them and about them as we grew older. When I spotted this pattern I was on it like syrup on hotcakes. I started one yesterday.

Last but not least, last week I started to make this little doll called My Pal Patches. He just caught my eye. He is from the Crochet World Magazine published in June 2010. He can be found starting on page 32. So far he is adorable and an easy Amigurumi project. He is a bit larger than I first thought. Anyway, I have started his shirt.

So, although I did not complete anything I did make progress and started some new things that will go a bit more quickly to completion. I can't just have two projects going on at a time.

Here is my WIP list as of now...
Daily Square
My Pal Patches
Apple Trivet
Faux Dr. Who Scarf
Charted Elephant Afghan
Babette Afghan

Ghost, OUT!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Patches is quite cute. I have never been very good at making such small items as my eyes are not good enough for them, but I quite enjoy seeing other peoples. looks like you have quite a few items you are working on. Glad to know that i am not the only one making more than one item at a time.

Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog.

Magia da Inês said...

°º♫ Amiga,
°✿

Muito, muito lindo!

Bom domingo!
Feliz Dia das mães!

Beijinhos.
Brasil.

°º♫
°º✿
º° ✿♥ ♫° ·.

Sandie said...

Your Who scarf is comning along. I was thinking of trying Chris Brimelow's one in the Vanna colors I already have since I had some leftover. Picked up a few extra skeins just in case today. Michael's had some Vanna yarn outside on sale.