Sunday, December 20, 2009

Story Sunday ~ Dear Santa and Baby Sack

Dear Santa - Written on 12/8/2001

Dear Santa, This has been a very bad year for hubby and I healthwise. I broke my hip and have been out of work since last year in October. Hubby had a colon resection done in March and the tumor that was removed was cancerous. He has been receiving Chemotheapy since then. But of course you know all this already Santa.

I am not complaining about our health we are doing just fine both recovering well. I am still not back to work though. My employer did not want me back with my permenant restrictions so I am still on Workmen's Comp. They are working with me to find me some employment that I am able to do. I am so very grateful though that we are coming along.

So, anyway the reason I am writing to you is to let you know what I would like for Chirstmas. First I would like Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all our brothers world wide. I know that is a big order, but I have seen so many changes in my fellow Americans since September 11th of this year that I think it might be possible, but maybe not. Secondly, our medical bills are mounting up fast and I would dearly love to be debt free. No, I don't mean all my bills Santa, just the medical bills. Do you think there is any magic in your bag that would cover that request for me.

I know I am asking a lot this year and I promise if you could fill my request I would not ask you for another gift my whole lifetime. I can see you as you read this Santa you are chuckling and and thinking to yourself, this woman has to be out of her mind. Who does she think I am God? Well, I have to tell you Santa I have prayed for this burden to be lifted and I know in my heart between you and God, somehow, someway my request will be filled.

Thank you Santa even if you can't do it all this year I will understand. And Santa don't forget to eat your Chocolate Ship Cookies and Hot Toddy I will leave in on the mantle. Oh, and there is a treat for each of your reindeer too! Tell Mrs. Claus I said Hi. I will talk to you later. Have a happy and safe flight this year.

This week I finished this cute Shell Baby Sack and Hat Set. You can find the pattern on Suzies Yarnie Stuff. You can Google it to find the pattern. I used an "I" hook and some flocked cotton ribbon yarn without label or name on the bags. I then used Country Cotton Cabled for the trim in Casbah Blue. I decided to adorn it with balloons and used buttons to depict the balloons. This set is going to California for a friends son's new baby.

Ghost, OUT!

3 comments:

Pammy Sue said...

Well, I didn't know all those things about you and your hubby. You HAVE had a rough time. I wish I was a rich woman and could help you out. I will say a little prayer for you. That is something I can do for you.

Love the baby bag & hat. Too cute!

Pammy Sue said...

I forgot to mention the aquarium on your page. It's so cool! I'm so easily entertained. I sat here for five minutes playing with it before I remembered I came here to read your entry! ;)

Sandie said...

I have been wanting to make one of these baby sacks. Another thing on my to do list. I even purchased a pattern in the lighthouse shape. I just have not found the time to work it. Maybe one day. Love yours. Beautiful work once again.