Monday, January 4, 2010

Hat and Scarf Set for Metro Center

This is the first set that I have completed this year. It is going to Scarlet's Metro Center Project. I used and "H" hook and Strata yarn in Passion by Red Heart. I added a scalloped edged to the hat pattern that I will be using throughout this project. It is a favorite now and works up quickly and is also adaptable to changes. It is called a Head Hugger and I have posted this link before.

The scarf was made with the same yarn and hook size. I got the pattern from This And That, Armina, and is called Easy Shell scarf. I did make two changes to this pattern. I made the scarf longer, it is 76 inches long. The other change I made was to add two rounds of sc before I added the shell row. I wanted it a bit wider and that worked for me.

I am still working away at my started projects and will post when I have something new to share.

Ghost, OUT!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the colors. Heading over to check out the pattern. Great project for the first of the year.

sally said...

hi diana...so enjoy your blog...very colorful the hat and scarf...with scarlet's metro center project is that something we can assist with...look forward to reading further your shared stories...you are as generous woman of many talents...sally

Ghost said...

Sally, yes she is looking for help but is waiting for them to send her more info and pictures before she posts on her blog. I will post to my blog when she has published the info. In the meantime if you want to make hats and scarves I am sure she will appreciate it.

Wormie said...

Love the set! The colors are so cheery and Valentinesey!

Beansieleigh said...

Love this set, and its colors! Your work is beautiful, and the set would be a perfect Valentines Day gift too! ~tina

Kate said...

I love this set soooo much. It is so hot here today that it is hard to imagine wearing hats and scarves.

SANDY said...

Love the pink and red, what a fun and bright color combination. It makes me happy.

As always, great work.

Sandy