The trim was made using an "H" hook. All I did was go back and add a shell all around the hat. It just seemed so plain. I don't know the name of the yarn as it lost it's band.
All the hats today were made using the same pattern. With this one I was using up small balls of scarps of the bulky weight yarn. I used a "J" hook and wound up having just enough yarn to finish the hat. This one will be really warm. I should keep this one to go with the sweater I made a while back with the same yarns. I won't though. I started it for Metro and to Metro it will go.
This was the first one I made this day. I also was using up one skein of yarn which was not enough for the hat so I combined two yarns. The Black lites which I have used before. It is a bulky weight yarn and also a new yarn to me the Red Heart Aztec and I truly love this yarn. Love the color and the way the splashes fall where they may. It has the look of real adobe and really appeals to me. I have more of this and will also make a scarf with it. It is a lot like homespun but not quite as loopy. So that is all I have to offer today. Hope you all are making headway in your endeavors.